Dairy free nachos
Dairy free nachos
Tasty and spicy, this dairy free nachos recipe presents itself really well, looks fresh and appetizing and tastes delicious. With its mix of textures, it has it all – crunchy, creamy, juicy – a hit with the whole family.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 500g mince (your choice of lamb or beef mince)
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 250g baby spinach
- 3/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 packet corn chips, low salt
- 2 avocados, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic and chilli and sauté until soft.
- Add the spices and sauté for a couple of minutes more.
- Add the mince to the mixture and stir until golden.
- Then add the diced tomatoes along with the spinach and parsley and simmer for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Mix the avocado, finely chopped coriander and lime juice (add pepper if you feel to) and place to one side.
- Time for the corn chips to be placed on a large serving plate and, using a slotted spoon, transfer the mince (draining excess juice as you go) over the top of them.
- Add the avocado mix on top and serve immediately, with napkins
Inspirations and top tips
- Serve on a bed of finely shredded iceberg lettuce in place or as well as corn chips
- This is a great sharing recipe; serve the mince in one bowl, the corn chips in another and maybe lettuce leaves as well and everyone can make up their own nacho ‘boats’
- Vary the quantities of chilli and/or spices to suit your heat requirements!