A super simple gluten free chicken recipe that the kids will love! Small succulent pieces of chicken coated in crushed corn chips – what’s not to love! Serve with avocado and a crunchy salad or satay sauce or hummus.
- 1 kg chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 200g corn chips (no added salt)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- 3 teaspoons parsley, basil, turmeric or chilli (optional one or all)
- Gently cut the chicken breasts into small bite size pieces (4-5cm).
- Whisk eggs in a medium-size bowl until white and yolk are combined. You can add herbs or spices here such as parsley, basil, turmeric or chili.
- Crush the corn chips by pricking a hole in corn chip packet and rolling a rolling pin over the bag, or place the corn chips into a blender and process until crumb like consistency is achieved. Place corn chip crumbs into a bowl and the beaten eggs into a separate bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mix and then roll the chicken pieces in the corn chip crumbs until they are completely coated.
- Place on a plate to set whilst you are rolling the remaining pieces.
- Pour olive oil into a medium frying pan on medium to high heat and cook the chicken pieces until they are slightly brown and cooked through – approximately 5 minutes each side.
- Place cooked chicken bites onto kitchen paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Alternatively, bake them in a hot oven (180-200°C) for 10-15 minutes until pieces are golden brown and chicken is cooked through.