Moroccan inspired marinated chicken
A simple flavoursome chicken recipe, with a delicious take on pesto, that is adaptable for the grill, oven or barbeque.
SERVES: 4-6 PREP TIME: 30 mins COOK TIME: 30 mins
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, cracked
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely chopped
- Trim the fat from the fillets and cut into even pieces (approximately 4cm squares).
- Use a food processor to blend the coriander, garlic and ½ cup of olive oil into a smooth pesto.
- Add the black pepper, sweet paprika, turmeric, lemon rind and the rest of the olive oil and blend again.
- Once blended transfer into a bowl
- Add the chicken fillets to the bowl and coat well with the pesto mixture.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes (overnight is fine).
- Turn the grill to high and line the grill pan with foil or baking parchment.
- While it is heating up place the fillets on a roasting rack and baste with any of the remaining marinade.
- Place under the grill for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn over and grill for a further 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spoon any marinade at the bottom of the grill pan over the chicken pieces and serve immediately (or warm) with salads or vegetables
- For those without a grill these chicken pieces can be roasted, covered at 180˚C for 15 minutes and then a further 5-10 minutes uncovered until golden.
- Chicken breast fillets work as well in this recipe if you prefer them
- Why not try this recipe using lamb fillets or steaks?