Caffeine free iced tea
This refreshing, caffeine free iced tea is a great way to stay hydrated in the summer months; with only naturally occurring sugars it also makes a great alternative to sugary soft drinks.
SERVES: 2 generous glasses PREP TIME: 20 mins COOK TIME: na
- 6 caffeine free rooibos tea bags
- 400 mls boiling water
- 200 mls apple juice
- 12 cubes ice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 slices apple, to garnish
- 2 stalks fresh mint, to garnish
- Place the tea bags in a jug and add the boiling water.
- Allow to infuse for 3-4 minutes (depending how strong you like your tea), then remove the tea bags and set the tea aside to cool.
- Once cool take the glasses you are going to serve the iced tea in and add the rooibos tea, apple and lemon juice and stir gently.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the ice.
- To serve garnish with a slice of lemon in the drink, a slice of apple on the side of the glass and a sprig of mint with the lower leaves removed so it works as a stirring stick.