Dairy free blueberry, apple and almond smoothie
The blueberry, avocado and roasted almond combo make this healthy smoothie a nutritious no added sugar breakfast or a 5 minute anytime meal with a bit of zing!
SERVES: 2 PREP TIME: 6 mins COOK TIME: na mins
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ avocado
- 5 medium fresh mint leaves
- 200mls apple juice
- 200mls water
- Juice of ½ lime (optional)
- Set aside two teaspoons of almonds.
- Blend the blueberries, avocado, remaining almonds, mint leaves, apple juice, water and optional lime juice until smooth. You may want to add more water depending on your preferred consistency.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with the almonds you set aside earlier, a couple of blueberries cut in half and a stalk of mint as a ‘stirrer’.
- For a nut free version simply omit the almonds
- Adjust the quantity of water depending on the consistency you are after; if kept really thick this smoothie could be served as a fruit dessert with Almond crescents and/or Nut crème