Crispy fennel and apple salad
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: n/a
- 1 large fennel
- 1 large green apple, washed
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- Finely dice the fennel and apple.
- Add parsley, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix well; you may like to add more olive oil or lemon juice depending on your tastes.
- Make sure that the apple is well coated with the oil and lemon juice to prevent it from discolouring if you are keeping it in the fridge
- Adapt this recipe to your taste – celery, coriander and finely diced garlic work well
- To add a bit of crunch why not try adding chopped pecans, walnuts or toasted sesame seeds