This simple, easy, delicious and versatile berry sauce can be made in a few minutes and transforms any dish. Use it to add a splash of healthy colour and flavour to your breakfasts, desserts and snacks – on smoothies, pancakes, porridge, puddings and cakes
- 500g fresh or frozen ripe strawberries or raspberries (or other berries of your choice)
- 3 teaspoons strained lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey (cold unprocessed)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- For an extra smooth texture you can put the the sauce through a sieve. Place it over a jug or bowl and pour the sauce into the sieve. Gently push the sauce through with a spoon and the seeds will be left behind in the sieve.
Serve drizzled over banana pancakes.
Add a few drops of rose flower or orange blossom water to infuse the sauce with a different flavour.