Crunchy seed and nut bar
A brilliant, healthy, gluten free snack for our lunchboxes and picnics. On the go, a nutritious alternative to sugary snacks.
SERVES: 12- 20 squares PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 40 mins
- 1 ½ cups almonds
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 1 cup mixed seeds (chia, pumpkin, sunflower, linseed, sesame)
- ⅓ cup sugar free dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raw organic honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar free vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 170oC.
- Place the almonds and pecan nuts in the food processor and pulse until they are tiny chunks, keep it coarse.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend for 30 seconds to bring everything together.
- Line a standard rectangular baking dish with baking paper, spread the mixture out evenly in the tray and score lightly in whatever shape/size required.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes and then turn the tray for an even colour. Bake for a further 20 minutes until golden brown, monitoring the last ten minutes as each oven is unique!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Lift from the tray but keep intact on baking paper and leave to cool for a further hour.
- Cut along score lines, serve immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Add ⅓ cup nut butter for a creamier taste and texture
- Experiment with how thinly you spread the mixture, giving the option of a slighty chewy bar or a crunchier cracker-style snack
- These yummy snacks freeze well, so you can do a larger batch and bag them up