Tuscan roasted vegetables
Tuscany is renowned for its roasting houses and this Tuscan recipe is inspired by them. Enjoy a taste of the Mediterranean.
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 60 mins
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500g brussel sprouts
- 3 large zucchini
- 8 cloves peeled garlic
- 2 large red onions
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 200oC.
- Slice the hard ends off the brussel sprouts, and cut lengthways in half.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and boil the sprouts until just tender. Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Peel the red onion, cut into thick lengthways slices about 1cm wide. Cut the zucchini into thick slices.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and toss well.
- Line a large deep baking tray with baking paper and then place the vegetables evenly into it.
- Bake for one hour, tossing vegetables every 15 minutes.
- These are best served immediately but can be enjoyed the next day.
- Enjoy cool with a lemon dressing on top of salad greens.
- Replace the zucchini with green beans or other vegetables of your choice.
- Spice it up with middle eastern flavours and serve with Harissa.
- Best served from the oven but they will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of days.
- Zucchini is also known as courgette.