Mini lamb koftas
Mini lamb koftas
Bite-size nourishing yumminess - lamb kofta on a stick for the perfect party food. Great fun to make and a simple recipe to expand for a larger party.
SERVES: 30-40 koftas PREP TIME: 20 mins COOK TIME: 6-20 mins depending on cooking method chosen
- 1kg lamb mince
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds, roughly ground
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seeds, roughly ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chilli powder – or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Zest of one lemon
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and, using a fork, mix thoroughly – you can use gloves and mix through with your fingers.
- Then with your hands (gloves optional!) take a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and mould into a rough oblong, about the length of your thumb.
- Options for cooking are grilling, frying or roasting. The key being to make sure it happens quite fast, to get a crispy outside without drying out the meat. Approximate cooking times: frying on a high heat 6 minutes with a turn in the middle; grilling on a high heat 6 minutes with a turn in the middle; roasting in a hot oven (200°C) 20 minutes with a turn in the middle.
- Serve hot or at room temperature
- Serve as a canape with a dip – Dairy free fresh herb pistou (nut free pesto) and garlic sauce work well
- Garnish with a spot of pesto, a flat parlsey leaf and a slice of chilli or a pomegranate seed
- Serve on a bed of salad as a main course
- Can grind 1 teaspoon of rose petals for a slight variation