Leafy green and seaweed salad
Seaweed is highly nutritious and is a great addition to your favourite green salad, the seeds and walnuts giving a super healthy yummy crunch.
SERVES: 4-6 PREP TIME: 415 mins COOK TIME: na
- 180g mixed green lettuce
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 20g arame soaked for 10-15 mins and roughly chopped
- 10g sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 10g pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 10g walnuts, finely chopped
- 10g linseeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the mixed lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Then place - the sliced avocado over the top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the chopped seaweed over the top of the avocado.
- Followed by the toasted seeds and walnuts over the top of the seaweed.
- Just before serving drizzle with olive oil over the top of the salad and toss thoroughly.
- Wakame seaweed works well in place of the arame
- Add lemon or lime juice for some zing
- Use lightly roasted sunflower seeds in addition or instead of the other seeds and/or lightly roasted chopped almonds
- Add radicchio, chicory, rocket, spinach and fresh herbs for variety
- Instead of using whole linseeds sprinkle some milled linseeds over the salad before serving (they are easier to absorb and therefore more nutritionally beneficial)