This is such a simple and easy way to transform some basic ingredients into a deliciously healthy summer salad. The lemon juice blends with the flavours released from the finely diced vegetables. A fresh, light summer salad that can be enjoyed for breakfast lunch or dinner all year round – serve it on its own or as a supporting dish to a meal.
- 4 large firm tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 bunch coriander or parsley, chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, diced
- 400g chickpeas drained – freshly cooked or canned
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pepper to taste
- Place all diced and chopped salad ingredients in a large bowl together with the drained chickpeas.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Gently mix all ingredients together and serve.
Add tinned tuna and or olives for a complete and satisfying meal.