Wanting something that is quick and easy to follow without any compromise? This recipe is packed full of flavour and will leave your taste buds tingling; a light, nutritious and simple to prepare meal, one for all occasions and great to pack for take-away lunches and picnics.
- 2 fillets of fresh salmon skin off, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or linseeds
- ½ cup spring onions, loosely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander or dill, loosely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley or basil, loosely chopped
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 long red chilli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place all the ingredients, apart the olive oil, into a food processer and blend until well combined.
- Form into patties (size of your choice – they can be balls or flattened into patties).
- Warm the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the patties on both sides until golden.
- Place the patties on kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil; serve hot or cold.
Inspiration and top tips
- The patties can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 8 weeks
- These are great lunch box treats or just on their own straight from the pan
- Have fun using your own favourite herbs and spices; adding spinach makes for colourful, extra nutritious patties