An adaptable child friendly recipe, using the nuts of your choice, these cookies are brilliant for a healthy afternoon snack
SERVES: 6-8 PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 15-20 mins
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup de-seeded dates, roughly chopped
- 125g margarine (dairy free spread)
- 2 cups gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon honey or golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Place the nuts and dates in a food processor and blend for 5 seconds to chop them into finer pieces.
- Remove nut and date mixture from the blender and set aside.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the nut and date mix and blend together.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto a grease proofed baking tray, evenly spaced and gently flattened.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- These can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Be playful with your nut mix, adding or changing the nuts to your taste/favourites
- Adjust the quantity of honey or syrup to taste
- Try adding dried fruits such as raisins, cranberries, chopped up dried apricot etc.
- Add lemon or orange zest for a twist.
- A perfect recipe to prepare with children.