This delicious and nourishing dish is great for a gluten free breakfast, or yummy and nutritious lunch box option. You can use different vegetables or adjust the serving size – remember to vary the cooking time accordingly.
- 6 gluten free sausages, cut into 4-5 cm pieces
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, whole
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 whole head garlic, cut in half
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, cut into quarters
- 1 beetroot, cut into eighths
- ½ jap or kent pumpkin, cut into 4cm chunks
- 1 parsnip, cut into quarters
- 2 zucchini, cut into quarters
- 4 sprigs of thyme, or any fresh herb
- drizzle of olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place all ingredients onto a large baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and pepper lightly coating ingredients.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Sprinkle with fresh herbs, and some chilli and put in the middle of the table for everyone to share.
There are some butchers who will make sausages to order – you can request salt free, filler free. Add vegetables of your choice and take your own spice mix.
Gluten free | Dairy free | Yeast free | Sugar free | Soy free | Nut free