This thick and creamy garlic sauce recipe is dairy free and like no other. It packs a punch and goes with chicken, beef, lamb, prawns, fish or falafel. Simple and quick to make this is a popular traditional Lebanese Toum sauce (garlic sauce). Easy to make and keeps well in the fridge.
- 1 head of garlic peeled
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Finely mince garlic cloves with a garlic press or in a blender.
- Use a spatula to scrape the minced garlic from the sides of the blender.
- In the blender or food processor add garlic and egg white and add 1 teaspoon of oil at a time until oil is used or the sauce stops thickening.
- Sauce will thicken to a mayonnaise consistency.
- Add lemon juice while the blender is on.
- Use as an accompaniment to chicken and lamb or use during cooking to coat roast chicken and meat.