A delicious, quick and easy almond biscuit recipe, with a twist on a traditional Almond Crescent recipe. Gluten free and dairy free, these are great for morning and afternoon teas. Try using different nuts like pistachio, hazelnut or macadamia - for a variety of flavours.
- 3 cups (330g) almond meal
- 3 free range egg whites
- 4 tablespoons raw unprocessed honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1 cup (80g) flaked almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- Line oven trays with baking paper.
- Combine almond meal, honey and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add egg whites and stir until mixture forms a firm paste.
- Take a generous tablespoon of the mixture and roll into 8 cm logs and then shape to form crescents.
- Put the flaked almonds into a bowl.
- Take the crescents and GENTLY roll in the flaked almonds to coat the outside.
- Place the crescents on lined oven trays.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on trays.
With herbal tea or for guests at any time.
Add zest of 1 orange or lemon..
Gluten free | Dairy free | Yeast free | Sugar free | Soy free | Vegetarian | Sugar Alternative |