This Guacamole recipe takes a little extra time as it has a cooked element – different from all the rest – it stands out as a magnificent counterpart to fresh fish and cooked meats.)
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely diced
- 3 large ripe avocados
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Black pepper, as desired
- Finely dice brown onion, garlic cloves and chilli.
- Heat small frying pan over medium to high heat. Add extra virgin olive oil.
- Once heated, add the onion and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add garlic to the onion and then the chilli.
- Continue to fry – stirring occasionally so that the ingredients do not stick.
- Remove flesh from the avocados and place into a medium sized bowl.
- Roughly mash the avocados with a fork.
- Finely dice the cucumber and add to the avocado.
- Once the onion, garlic and chilli is cooked through to golden brown add to the avocado and roughly mash through (allow the onion mix to cool before adding to the avocados if you are not serving immediately).
- Mix in the lemon juice and plenty of black pepper.
- Serve with grilled white fish fillet and lemon, or with Oven roasted salmon
- Great as a meze dish