These gems of a cracker (or are they a biscuit) are so delicious and versatile. But watch out they will be gone before you can store them as everyone will want them warm out of the oven.
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1-2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tsp-tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp lupin flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano/dried herbs
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 3½ tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients until they bind/form a dough (you may need to adjust water quantity).
- On a lined baking tray spread mixture to about 2-3mm, press down evenly and score into pieces.
- Place in oven for 15-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning if required.
- Take out, allow to cool and break along score lines.
Inspiration and top tips
- Serve with a dip, pesto or salad.
- Once you have made these a couple of times have fun mixing it up with the herbs and spices you use.
- Have fun with cookie cutters once the mixture is spread on the baking tray… the ‘inbetweenie’ bits are then delicious crumbled onto soup, over salad or roasted vegetables.