A southern-european inspired mayonnaise, this is a fiery aioli with a hot, almost chilli-like tang to lift, set alight your taste buds and boost your immune system.
SERVES: approximately 350ml PREP TIME: 20 mins COOK TIME: na
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 250 mls light olive oil
- 8 cloves fresh garlic
- juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Place the yolks and pepper into a blender and blend on a high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add 80 mls of the oil very slowly… almost a drip at a time until it starts to thicken and form an emulsion.
- Add the garlic and lemon juice and continue to blend on a high speed for 4 minutes.
- Then slowly and steadily add the rest of the oil until you have your desired consistency.
- To store, decant into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- If it needs more thinning, add a little room temperature water.
- Be warned this is a fiesty aioli… for a gentler option simply reduce the number of garlic cloves used
- Make sure the person or people you kiss eats some when you do!