Lamb cutlets have been a favourite staple for ages; this recipe puts a little twist and a bit of fun to the usual cutlet.
SERVES: 6 PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 20 mins
- ¾ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 24 lamb cutlets
- Place all of the sesame seeds and spices in a food processor or blender and blend for 5 seconds, just enough to combine but still keep the sesame seeds partially intact. This will be your coating for the cutlets.
- Coat the cutlets well in the sesame and spice mixture… you can coat them, let them sit for a few minutes and coat them for a second time if you feel it is needed.
- Once all the cutlets are well coated place them on an oven tray and grill on both sides until golden. Alternatively the cutlets can be lightly fried over a medium heat or baked in the oven.
- Cooking time can vary depending on the cutlet thickness.
- They can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
Inspiration and top tips
- You can also add black pepper, chilli or garlic to this recipe along with fresh or dried herbs of your choice.
- A great recipe to cook extra of and have in a lunch box the next day or finely sliced in a wrap.
- These cutlets freeze really well.