If you love crab, you’ll love these little tasty and light patties. The lime and lemongrass bring a freshness and a zing that will tickle your tastebuds, nourish your body and have your friends asking for the recipe.
- 100g fresh crab meat
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- ½ lemongrass stalk, finely sliced
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 whisked egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- Ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 1 lime for serving
- Combine all the ingredients except the lime in a bowl.
- Warm the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, gently spoon dollops of the mix into the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the cakes over and cook through for a few more minutes until beginning to brown/crisp.
- Just before serving squeeze a little lime juice on top or serve with a wedge of lime.
Inspiration and top tips
- Serve with salad and/or vegetables as a main meal or make into little balls for canapés with a chilli jam for dipping
- Suitable for freezing and brilliant for picnics and lunch boxes
- Try making with white fish and additional vegetables.