Great alternative to lentil dahl, this broccoli version with its indian spices is tasty, innovative and endlessly adaptable.
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Garam masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 red chili, finely diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely diced
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, very finely chopped or pulsed in a food processor until fine
- 4 tablespoons water
- On a medium to low heat gently heat olive oil in a very large fry pan and add all of the spices, chilli, spring onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped broccoli heads and water, stir well and sauté for a further 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Can be eaten immediately or when cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen.
- Add a couple of generous handfuls of baby spinach at the end of cooking and stir through until wilted
- Alternatively you can roast this in the oven at 160˚C for 30 minutes stirring occasionally
- Adjust spices to your taste…fresh coriander is gorgeous in this recipe