A classic, simple and adaptable tapenade with a zing of lemon and pepper that will bring a little ray of sunshine to raw vegetables or fish.
- 200g pitted olives (mild ones work well e.g. kalamata or la verde)
- 1 garlic clove, loosely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, loosely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place all the ingredients (reserving a teaspoon of parsley for the garnish) in a food processor and blend until you have the consistency you like.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with the remaining parsley.
Inspiration and top tips
- Try roasting the garlic for an explosive expanded flavour.
- Use different fresh herbs like coriander, basil or oregano.
- This goes beautifully with fish and is amazing as a dip for crudités.