Cleansing, light and refreshing, this healthy green smoothie will leave you and your body feeling nourished and ready for the day. A delicious and nutritious drink as it is, or use it as a base and add any of your favourite ingredients.
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cucumber, peeled
- 1 handful baby spinach or small kale leaves, washed
- 1 celery stick
- 1 small handful fresh mint or coriander, washed
- 1 small handful parsley, washed
- ½ green apple, peeled and quartered
- 400mls water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons spirulina (optional)
- Using a powerful blender, add all of the prepared ingredients and blend well until smooth.
- Remove the lid of the blender and taste test. You can add a little more water if needed or other ingredients to suit… for example a touch of honey, a banana or berries for a sweeter taste.
- This recipe will make approximately 2 glasses and for maximum nutrition, serve fresh.
Inspiration and top tips
- This is an awesome smoothie in its own right, but is also a great base for getting creative
- Add a little nutritional boost by adding a few flax seeds
- You can use any superfood powder instead of spirulina
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Sugar Free | Yeast Free | Soy Free | Egg Free | Nut Free | Vegetarian