This is a light, refreshing and simple accompaniment for all sorts of dishes: lamb, fish, a dressing for salads, a filling for omelettes, the list goes on…
PREP TIME: 10 mins
- 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped (choose according to your preference when it comes to heat)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- Place the mint and parsley in a food processor and blend until they are as fine as you would like them to be. Alternatively, you can chop the herbs finely by hand.
- Remove the herbs from the blender, place in a bowl and stir through the garlic, chilli, olive oil and black pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days (the flavours develop over time).
Inspirations and top tips
- You could make a smoother sauce by blending all the ingredients together in the blender, adding a little more olive oil and water as required
- Add some lemon or lime zest for an extra touch