These gluten and dairy free cookies are easy to make and ready to eat in minutes. Extremely moreish, they melt in your mouth and are a delicious alternative to refined sugar treats; great to have with your afternoon tea.
- 75g macadamia nuts
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free self-raising flour
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 145g dairy free spread
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blend until fine.
- Add all of the other ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and, using a dessertspoon, spoon the mixture onto the tray.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until springy to the touch and golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Inspirations and Top Tips
- You can add some cranberries, sultanas or orange zest to the mixture for extra sweetness
- Use any nut oil, light olive oil or coconut oil in place of dairy free spread
- Delicious served warm but can store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days