For broccoli lovers this vegetable dish is a great substitute for mashed potato and is a very versatile and easy to follow recipe. It makes a perfect bed for serving up lamb or fish, or on its own makes a delicious light meal.
- 4 large broccoli heads and stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Place the broccoli in a saucepan, making sure the stems have been cut into small enough pieces to cook evenly with the florets, cover with boiling water and cook until tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and lightly sauté the chilli, garlic and spring onions.
- Add the sauté mixture to the drained broccoli and blend using a hand blender.
- This can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Inspiration and top tips
- Add herbs and spices of your choice for different flavours
- Goes well with curries, spicy meat and fish
- Can be served as a dip – amazing with Crispy pan fried barramundi fingers or Lamb and spinach meatballs