This Dukkah recipe is easy, simple and versatile. Naturally gluten free and dairy free you can use it as an accompaniment to any of your main meals, salads and for dipping vegetables into.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 star anise (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 – 3 cardamom pods (not too much)
- 1 tablespoon dried chillies (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried turmeric (optional)
- Place all ingredients except turmeric in a frypan over a very low heat.
- Cover and toast seeds until they start to pop and smoke.
- Remove from the heat and stir well.
- Place the toasted contents in a mortar or blender.
- Add the turmeric and grind to a coarse powder.
Pour the blend into a small bowl and dip fresh vegetables or gluten free bread, or sprinkle on Cucumber and coriander salad.