A flaming spicy fennel dish, delicious with fish, meat or on its own. A lovely light alternative to roasted vegetables.
- 2 large fennel bulbs including fronds, thinly sliced with hard ends removed
- ½ cup fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a baking dish, lightly coating with olive oil before placing in the oven.
- After 15-20 minutes turn the fennel to avoid burning and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Inspiration and top tips
- Slice fennel thick or thin to your taste.
- Using a spray olive oil is a good way to cover the fennel without overdoing it.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for several days or used in a soup.