Our super easy, simple and light gluten free vegetable slice recipe that can be prepared in just 15 minutes. Great to add to lunch boxes if there’s any left over! You can adjust the vegetable mix to suit your taste or what’s in the fridge.
- ½ cup (125ml) dairy free margarine – melted and cooled
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 1 ½ cups (285g) sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 cup (230g) carrots peeled and grated
- 1 cup (230g) zucchini peeled and grated
- 1 cup (125g) gluten free breadcrumbs or chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
- Lightly grease a small baking tin or 12 hole muffin tray.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together all of the ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a tin, cover with a layer of baking paper and then with foil.
- Bake in oven, remove the baking paper and foil after 30 minutes and continue baking for another 15 minutes until firm and golden brown.
- Vegetable Slice is delicious served hot or cold. Cut into slices and serve with a Summer Salad or yummy as an interesting side dish to a herbed Roast chicken.
Gluten free | Dairy free | Yeast free | Sugar free | Nut free | Vegan | Egg free | Soy free